SAHAYOG’s one of the focus area is rural development – since last 17 Years
SAHAYOG’s one of the focus area is rural development – since last 17 Years, the organisation working in 250 backward villages of Bidar District of Karanataka State India, the following are the programme / activities of SAHAYOG in the Rural Development Programme.
Watershed Development Programme:
SAHAYOG continued watershed Development activities in dry land of project villages with the support of watershed Development Department, SAHAYOG is involved in DPAP, IWMP, watershed Development Programme. The watershed intervention is related to promotion of soil & water conservation through construction of Gudly Plugs, Waste weirs, drainage check dams, Stone & Earthen bund farm pounds, rain water harvesting, agro foresting & horticulture. Hence the programme improved the status of Land & livelihood Crop yield increased the water holding capacity & enabled the recharge of ground water, arrest of topsoil erosion, migration reduced as well as employment opportunity created.
National Environment Awareness Campaign.
A Campaign of environmental issues will generate awareness on role of community in protecting environment. In this concern SAHAYOG initiated on environment awareness Campaign in the SAHAYOG working area with the support of K.R.V.P Bangalore every Year.
Grameen Vikas Andolan (G.V.A)
Grameen Vikas Andolan a Programme of CAPART implemented in the Bhalki Block of Bidar District, Karanataka.
Rural Business Hub:
Rural Business Hub is a based programme sponsored by ministry of Panchayath Raj Govt. of India. SAHAYOG has implemented Rural Business Hub Programme in 2 G.P of Bidar Taluka i.e. Markhal & Janwada by covering 200 unemployed youth in Bidri Craft Skill.
Organizing Beneficiary Scheme (O.B) Programme.
SAHAYOG has implemented the Special Women Group Programme for Rural Women under O.B Scheme Supported by CAPART has been Bidar District..
Besides the above activity women Health education income generation activities. Rural entrepreneurship Development Programme etc. has been continually going on.
SAHAYOG'S works is guided by the followng value
Current Funding Partners
SAHAYOG’S Current work is generally supported by the following agencies/ Government Department.
- Action Aid Association 2004 – Present.
- D.C (Handicrafts), Ministry of Textiles Govt. of India. 2004-05 – Present.
- Childline India Foundation 2010-11 – Present.
- Ministry of Minority affairs Govt. of India, 2013-14 – Present.
- Bidar District Child Labour Rehabilitation Society, 2006-07 – Present
- Watershed Development Department Govt. of Karanataka, 2000-01 Present.
- Zilla Panchayath / Taluka Panchayath Bidar District – 2004-Present.
- Karanataka State Social Welfare Board. 2003- Present
- Karanataka Rajya Vijnyana Parishad, 1999 – Present.
FORMER FUNDING PARTNERS.
- NABARD 1999 -2009.
- CAPART 2002-2009
- PLAN INDIA 2005 – 2012.
- Narayan Hrudalaya – 2008 – 2010.
- Karanataka State Women Development Corporation. 2011-12
- Ministry of Panchayat Raj Govt. of India.
- Central Social Welfare Board.
- Youth for Action